New York Times bestselling author Lysa TerKeurst helps readers address the resentment causing heaviness in their hearts while exploring what forgiveness is, what it isn't, and how to deal with difficult relationships.
Have you ever felt stuck in a cycle of unresolved pain, playing offenses over and over in your mind? You know you can't go on living like this, but you don't know what to do next. And you just don't know if you'll ever get past it.
In this six-session Bible study (DVD/digital downloads sold separately), Lysa TerKeurst has walked this journey, wrestling with deep wounds that feel impassible and struggling to move forward. And she's discovered that, to find life-giving freedom, we have to let go of our bound-up resentment and resistance to forgiving people who've hurt us. With deep empathy, therapeutic insight, and rich Bible teaching coming out of 1,000 hours of study, Lysa helps us:
- learn how to move on when the other person refuses to change and never says they're sorry;
- walk through a step-by-step process to free ourselves from the hurt of our past and feel less offended today;
- discover what the Bible really says about forgiveness and the peace that comes from living it out right now;
- identify what's stealing trust and vulnerability from our relationships so we can believe there is still good ahead; and
- disempower the triggers hijacking our emotions by embracing the two necessary parts of forgiveness.
Designed for use with the Forgiving What You Can't Forget Video Study (sold separately).