What is Growth Book?
Growth Book is the one journal to document your entire year of growth.
It's the yearly journal that you record all you learned this year on your walk with the Lord. Your impression of ink to paper that documents the area you covered, the road you traveled, the footsteps you took, the tears you cried, prayers you made, and verses you memorized. It's the notes you took while watching sermons, listening to podcasts, and reading books. The book that holds an entire year worth of notes, petitions, confessions, growth, and adorations. In the end, the writing you leave behind from this journey will be a such a faith builder when you look back and see God's hand so clearly in your life, and a great record of the legacy of growth you're leaving for your future generations.
It's your Growth Book.
Title: Growth Book - Lagoon
Extras: Pocket in the back to hold stickers
- Goal Section- The place to write your huge faith goals that only can be accomplished by prayer, petition, and full faith in God to move mountains and part seas.
- Study Topics Section - This is a great way to document your longer lasting, more in-depth studies by using the numbered sticker system. For more details on this check out our Instagram stories.
- Note Section - Over 100 pages of dotted note pages to document sermons, podcasts, books, memory verses, and revelations from God. This section is endless in its possibilities. Draw charts, pictures, graphs. Whatever you need to do to grow and learn.
- Prayer Section - Pages to write prayer requests and petitions for yourself and others, and a spot to write the date you added it and the date God answered it. Perfect for keeping track of people you say you will pray for and a great reminder to check in with them on how and when God responded.
- God’s Faithfulness Section - The spot to write all the moments you see God’s mighty hand in your life over your year. This is especially good to reference on a regular basis, or during hard times, trials, and doubt.
- Book Record Section - A great list to write all the books you’ve read throughout the year and a spot to check them off. Perfect for people that like to see their progress and have a tangible list of recommendations for friends.
- Bible Reading Checklist - Full checklist on every single chapter and book of the bible. Perfect to accompany you on your daily Bible reading, or “read the bible in a year” plan. Great to keep you motivated and inspired to keep going.
What Does It Come With?
We're super excited that Growth Book comes with a lot of great things and we can't wait for you to check them out! So, heres the rundown:
- Topic Stickers - These were created to organize the various longer lasting studies you're doing. Assign one number to a study or topic, then stick that number on the outside edge of your page every time you start journaling about it. Then when you're flipping through your book you can easily spot each time you're writing about that topic.
- Month Wrap Labels - These labels are a great way to show you where each month begins and ends. Stick them on the outer edge of your page and fold it around to the back every time you begin a new month. The side profile of this easily shows you where your months begin without sticking out far enough to get caught on something.
- Growth Guide Sheets - These are awesome check in sheets (like giant post-its) you stick in before you begin each month. They were designed to help you reflect and come up with a plan so that you start and finish your month off strong. Their also great to go over with your accountability partner or friend.
A Look Into The New Growth Books
What to expect
The new Growth Book has 7 sections, 2 of which are new, and we came up with a little different, classy, and streamlined design that we think you guys will really love. Since everyones writing and journaling styles are different, we wanted the design to compliment all your notes, doodles, and drawings, while sticking with the original sleekness that we loved from the first one.
We also added
More pages - to make it as thick as we could without creating a bulky unmanageable journal to carry around.
Thicker paper - for people that like to write in different pen colors, draw, or paint.
Lay flat - so you can more easily write wherever you are, without having to hold it down.
More durable cover - for those people (like myself) that can't bear to go anywhere without it haha and want to take it around with them everywhere.
More color options - so that everyone could find something they love. Now there are 4 colors with the potential of us doing limited edition releases of other colors throughout the year. I can't even explain the level of excitement I have for that. I mayyy just take crazy notes so I can do like 3 Growth Books a year. Haha.
A thick pocket - on the back cover to hold all your stickers, and anything else you may want to put in there.
Growth Book was designed to give you a pretty good amount of pages to get you through your year, but you may find yourself journaling through a bit quicker or more slowly, and that’s ok. The point is to document your Growth as you are led and guided by the Lord, and to keep seeking him even when motivation is waning.
Also, remember that he devil is alive and active looking to steal, kill and destroy. So, drawing close to God is not promised to look or feel easy. You may feel resistance, a push back, or even discouragement, but keep pressing in. Do not give up. Pray and declare life over you and your household. There are different seasons you go through in your walk, and the beautiful thing about this book is that you can look back and see God’s hand in all the seasons of your life. And what I’ve found, is that in the seasons I felt most alone, I read back and saw that God had never left my side.
Before you get started
Pray - Before you even crack open your growth book, pray. Pray that God would lead you in his will for your life over the course of filling out this book. Pray that he would give you the huge faith goals to believe for, that He would perfectly orchestrate people coming into your life to walk with you on your growth journey, and that you would hear his voice louder than the voices in the world. He so deeply desires an intimate, personal, real relationship with you and we pray that you will see that abundantly as you journal through your Growth Book.
Accountability - We highly suggest you find a friend to go through your spiritual journey with you. You don’t necessarily have to be reading the same books, listening to the same sermons, or even living in the same state. We just recommend that you share your heart with them and you decide on regular check in points to spur each other on, encourage each other, be real, and vulnerable. It’s much easier to go through life with someone else by your side. Truly, this has been the key to the most growth-full years of our lives.
As iron sharpens iron, So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend. - Proverbs 27:17
A walk through all the sections
The Goal Section: I’m a goal setter. But, you may notice this section isn’t crazy long and elaborate. There’s a reason for that. This section is meant to be for the out of this world, gigantic, unfathomable, unattainable-on-your-own, pure faith goals. The goals where you sit down and go “I have no idea how this can happen God, but I trust you”. Then, here’s the best part. You go back over these constantly. You declare over them, speak life into them, you thank God that you have already received them, and you believe that without a shadow of a doubt God will fulfill these promises to you. The catch though? This is why being in prayer before you begin, is key. These goals are meant to align with God’s word and promises to you. So be in prayer about what those are. You may feel God is putting a huge faith goal on your heart that makes no sense, and seems unfathomable. Great! Those are the ones you want in here!
The Topic Index: This awesome section is a great spot to organize all the studies you’re doing. Let’s say you want to listen to one podcast a month. So your number 1 line could be called “podcasts” then, any time you’re journaling about your podcasts you put the number 1 sticker on the outer edge of your notes page in the growth notes section so that any time you’re flipping through and see a 1 you will know those are your podcast notes. This works great when you’re constantly taking notes on all sorts of topics and you have to keep switching back and forth. Now, you can just put a new coded sticker every time you start a new topic category and never lose those notes again!
The Growth Notes Section: You don’t need too much of a walk through here. This dotted note section is meant to be used as you journal anything and everything growth-full. Journal about sermons, podcasts, scripture, make charts, draw, paint. Whatever it is your studying or wherever God leads you, document it here.
The Prayer Section: I just love this section. Why? Because as good intended as I am, I really do accidentally, sometimes...occasionally, tell someone I’m going to pray for them, and then forget. I know, I feel terrible. But, since using this section in my Growth Book it’s amazing not only how many people I remember to pray for, but I remember to follow up with them until I can confidently write a date next to their name that God answered my prayer. I love it!
The God's Faithfulness Section: This has been a life changer for me. Life moves fast, can anyone relate? But, this section forces me to slow down regularly and see God’s goodness and faithfulness around me. It forces me to recall and jot down the ways I saw God throughout my day. And what it really helps with, is showing you a timeline of moments God was evident in your life, so that when you feel like you may be walking alone you can look back and see that he has been walking the trail beside you this entire time.
The Book Log: This section is awesome for recording the books you’re reading throughout the year, and a great list to refer back to when you’re recommending books to friends! It's also pretty inspiring because once you get going and have a handful of books on there, you start to wonder how many more you can get through by the end of the year, and I've found, that I read far more than I had originally set out to accomplish.
The Bible Reading Chart: This section has been one of the most talked about features since day one. It gives such a great visual representation of the bible. It wasn’t until I saw this that I realized there are books I’ve gone my whole life without reading and they are only several chapters long! Some of these you could read on your lunch break! Plus, it’s a great motivator to keep going and a great way to track reading the bible in a year. I found that by using this I spent more days and time in the bible than I had in previous years.